Photos of Falling and Flying

One of my favorite inspirations come from photographers and dancers who collaborate on "flying" or "falling" images. It is something I would like to explore, both with the performance aspect and the image capture component. The images below, by Denis Darzacq, show dancers and performers hovering right above the ground as if they had been falling. Darzacq captured the photo at the exact moment that conveyed the most realistic "fall."




My original inspiration: Daniel Gordon
I discovered this artist about four or five years ago in research for a concept to build a glass table. His photos inspired me to create a piece using three layers of glass, each screenprinted with a different image, creating a 3D floating image. 

 With a camera set on a timer (or an assistant), Gordon performed these images many times to get the most beautiful shot. He wanted to see how it would look if he could fly.

Check out his project: Daniel Gordon Studio: Flying Pictures
I dare you to try this at home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Half and Half

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower