The Rosebud and The Bee

A few days ago, my mom was dismantling a bouquet of flowers to rearrange into potpourri, and I snagged the opportunity to take some pictures of the roses...when I encountered a bee:
"Demure"
"Folded"
"Petal Teeth"
"Unpeeled"
"Rose Kiss in a Petal Wrapper"

Then, I look over on the windowsill and there's a yellow jacket! I used to be afraid of bees, but now my first thought was to swing the camera around and take some pictures, hoping it'd stay still. The bee did some odd things on that window sill, starting with crawling between the salt and pepper shakers and wiggling its tail end. It made no attempts to fly away when I got close with the macro lens, or when I removed the salt and pepper shakers. Finally, I got a clear plastic cocktail cup (the kind you'd see at a gallery opening) and a piece of paper destined for recycling and I lifted the bee off the windowsill onto the counter. Only then did it start flying around the cup and wiggling and contracting its rear end even more. 
I noticed that it appeared to be "smelling" the air coming from outside the cup when it lowered its head to the rim.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower

Paris: An Arch, A Tower, and A River