Unconventional Art Materials: Leaves

I admire how much patience this guy has to create these masterpieces. Artist Lorenzo Durán creates leaf cut-away art as part of his "Naturayarte" series.

"Using a natural environment as is the blade made me realize that maybe I was faced with the opportunity to reflect my respect for the environment.Personally, my life has always been linked in one way or another to nature.My fascination with animals and plants developed in me the curiosity to them, seeing them as an indispensable part of our life. On the other hand my love of the mountains made me realize how insignificant and important we are at a time in this great game of life. For me a plant is a complex mechanism of energy synthesis and a simple mysteries hidden blade that only time will reveal." - Lorenzo Durán


photos © Lorenzo Durán

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower

Paris: An Arch, A Tower, and A River