Friday Flower Shoot

About a week ago, I ran a 5k race with a bunch of girl friends and at the finish line, volunteers gave out water, fruit, ice cold towels, and a flower to each runner. Getting a flower after a run was a first for me! I kept it in a wine bottle vase for a few days until it started to dry out. Before it withered away completely, I took some photos. As you scroll down, you can see how I picked off a few petals at a time until there were none left on the stem. The petals went to good use though: they are sitting in a potpourri basket in one of our bathrooms. :-)
some petals fell over. they were shy.
with the  final arrangement

Comments

sadrmom said…
Finding beauty in the aged: I'm all for it!

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower

Half and Half