Capturing Natural Spirals

Water is so interesting.
The two little hydrogen and one little oxygen molecules flow together in solid (ice), liquid (water), or gas (vapor), and can also pick up traces of sediment or leftovers, depending on which environment it runs through. When water is cast off from something, it can behave in different ways. See my previous post for some odd water behavior.

Below are some examples of photographers capturing water being cast off in a logarithmic spiral:
spiral from here


Photographers also have captured paint, milk, coffee, and other liquids demonstrating this phenomenon. See their incredible photographs below.
photo by Manon Wethly 
photos and video by Fabian Oefner
See more photos on thisiscolossal

Comments

EbiShort said…
Hello Amy! My photography teacher, Jefferson Steele, referred me to you! I love your work! He said I should e-mail you a couple of my still life works because they reminded him of your designs! Let me know what you think!
That would great! I would love to see your work! Go ahead and add me on Google+ and my email is there.
-Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Half and Half

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower