Spider Monday - Just a Walk in the Park

Happy Spider Monday! I know it's been a while. I've relocated, and now I need to find some spiders in the DC area to photograph.

Last week, my neighbor and I went for a walk to test out the Sigma 50-150mm lens that I borrowed from BorrowLenses.com. (See the end of the post for my review.)
Sigma 50-150mm f2.8

We walked around Rock Creek Park in the District of Columbia. It had just rained, so the ground was damp and there were some funky smells we experienced while walking the trails.
 I decided to try out some slow-shutter shots with the swirling leaves:

 The shot below was a click-and-drag; I had the camera set on f/22 for 2 seconds. I focused and lingered on him for a second and then panned the camera horizontally to finish registering the remaining light.
 Finally saw this little guy after he crawled away from me.
Can you find him? 
After using the lens, I really liked how fast and well it focused, even though it was a bit heavy. The zoom was versatile and crisp, and I think I may have had more luck with consistent focus if it was a little brighter outside, instead of having to turn the ISO up. Overall, it was a pleasant shooting day :-).

Did you hear that the third volume of Tattooed Campus: Towson University is published? Check it out here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower

Paris: An Arch, A Tower, and A River