Austin's Moontower and Kosher Nibbles

Moontower Saloon in south Austin is a massively chill bar with three beach volleyball courts in the back. They also have a patio, live music, and great food! I played in the coed blind-draw beach volleyball tournament put on by 512 Volleyball. Everyone was super nice, very laid back, and the competition was fierce. 
This is me and my friend Audrey! We are beach and indoor volleyball teammates from the great city of Baltimore.
Even though it was February, we were blessed with weather in the upper 70s and low 80s, which resulted in me getting a pretty red sunburn!

photo by Tony Galindo
photo by Tony Galindo 
 photo by Tony Galindo
 photo by Tony Galindo
 photo by Tony Galindo
photo by Tony Galindo

Later in my trip, I went to dinner with a friend and ran into this famous graffiti of the kind frog! He always wants to know how you are...

*    *    *
I wanted to have some kosher meat at one point on my trip, so I ventured to the HEB store in north Austin to find some! 
They have a nice amount of kosher products available for members of the Jewish community and observant students at University of Texas who live nearby.
They also have a cafe offering hamburgers, loaded hot dogs, deli sandwiches, latkes, and prepared pasta and salads! If memory serves, I got the New York dog (sauerkraut and mustard) and one other hot dog special with slaw and thousand island dressing. I really liked them both, but I preferred the slaw and thousand island dressing one. The dog itself was tasty as well! 

One last nugget: Apples in Austin happen to be ENORMOUS. This is a honeycrisp apple that I bought in the HEB with the Kosher Store. It weighed 1.15 pounds! When sliced, it took up an entire quart-sized bag. Plus, it was so SWEET! 

Next time you go to Austin, make sure you have enough to eat! I sure did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Half and Half

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower