Bucking'm Palace and the Thames

On another overcast day in London, I made my way into the heart of the city - Buckingham Palace - to the UK office of the company I work for: Scripps Networks. In a building made up of media offices, Scripps Networks runs international marketing and broadcasting for the UK from here.
I got my visitor pass and went up to the office:
It's so royal! (pun intended) The carpets are purple and the office is swath in white and glass.
Even the phone booths are cute! They are decorated like the true red ones I saw on the streets!
This is one of the staff kitchens, which is fully-equipped for cooking and baking, with an oven, stovetop, and two microwave ovens. 
This was the lobby, and those are props from some of the more popular UK shows (but I was unfamiliar with...)
On my way out, I saw that this was how the elevators were decorated!
I stopped in the building's lobby for a quick breakfast:
This was an egg, onion, and leek tart that I had with a side of orange juice and mayonnaise.
Then it was time for the changing of the guard! I finally was there at the right time.
VIDEOS



Hey look! The aforementioned phone booth!
I decided to cash in on the free river cruise that came with the Big Bus ticket that I had bought the day before. I made my way to the Westminster dock and got on one of the tour boats. 
This was my snack :-)
Big Ben from the River Thames!
The London Eye during the day
The Houses of Parliament
Below is the Cleopatra's Needle, an original Egyptian scupture, that was brought to London and installed in the late 1800s.
This is the OXO building, in which meat was processed.
Some other cool views of the Embankment, Waterloo, and London Bridge from the Thames.

This is the Shard, one of the tallest and newest skyscrapers in the city, and it houses offices, a hotel, and sky-high event spaces.
Under the London Bridge!
This is the Tower Bridge! Everyone thinks this is the London Bridge, but it is, in fact, not. (See above) And even though it was raining that day, it was still an amazing sight to see!
Stay tuned for more sights and sounds from the streets on London...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Half and Half

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower