Tea Time, Mr. Selfridge, and Ronnie Scott

Good morning! I took myself on a self-guided tour of the popular shopping street, Strand. Recommended by the Big Bus tour guide, the Twinings tea shop was the place to start. It's adorable and extensive, offering teas from all around the world.
The walls were lined with boxes and canisters of tea, and in the back of the store is the tasting counter, where you could choose (almost) any tea and they'd brew it for you to taste. 
I tried a few and ended up buying a Darjeeling Moonlight Oolong and Keemun Mao Feng, which was a black loose leaf tea that was a touch bitter.
Walking East on Strand...
I came back to the Tipperary at 66 Fleet Street. According to our BigBus tour guide the day before, this is the first Irish bar in the world outside of Ireland. (Since technically all bars in Ireland are Irish, but therefore just called "bars"!)
I got seated upstairs, and it was quite empty, since it was about 2pm and between major mealtimes. My brain was still out of whack from the time difference so that's when I was hungry!
I ordered a Kaltenberg beer, which was a delicious light brew.
A quick pit stop before my meal arrived, this bathroom was reminiscent of a real home's loo, with decor and a cute mirror.
I got my fish and chips! A battered and fried fillet served with thick-cut fries and mushy peas. I ate the fries (chips) with vinegar and mayonnaise. Everything was so delicious! A squeeze of lemon on the fish right before I took a bite gave it that tiny extra boost of acidic flavor, and the meal satiated my off-schedule hunger.
Of all the famous department stores in London, I chose to go to Selfridge's! I had watched the entire show on Amazon Prime a few months prior, and was excited to find out that it was, indeed, a real place!
VIDEO: London cabs!

Inside Selfridge's, the elevators were beautiful!
I found Dolly's cafe where I intended to get a tea and a pastry, but there were so many to choose from!
The view of the stairs above Dolly's cafe.
I ended up getting a fancy hot chocolate and a beautiful rose cupcake!

After leaving Selfridge's, I regrouped at the AirBnBand then went back out to the theatre district, off Tottenham Court Road tube stop. A few blocks away was London's Chinatown, but I saved that for another trip.
I found Ronnie Scott's just before the night doors opened. It was recommended to me by a friend for the jazz and drinks! Directly across the street, I noticed this sign on the building:
Inside the bar, I found a booth and ordered the Passion Lily cocktail.
Check out the videos below for a quick sound bite of the entertainment!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower

Half and Half