Unconventional Art Materials - Duct Tape and Thread

I've had my fair share of bored days in college where I made duct tape animals, and I've got friends who make wallets, bags, and even clothing out of duct tape. Never anything as intricate as artist Takahiro Iwasaki, who carves landscapes out of rolls of duct tape and creates thread sculpture masterpieces - buildings and electrical towers. I love the sculptures, but I disagree with their presentation: he sits his art on top of random objects, as seen below, on towels and toothbrushes, and I think it takes away from the delicacy of his pieces. See for yourself:
Duct Tape Topographical Map
Duct Tape Topographical Map with Electrical Lines in Background
Thread Sculpture - Ferris Wheel
Thread Sculptures - Electrical Lines

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Half and Half

Friday Flower Shoot