Running San Antonio and the Alamo

Day trip to San Antonio! I signed up for the San Antonio Be My Valentine 5K and it was so much fun! I drove to Alamo Brewery early on Sunday morning, took a photo at the step-and-repeat, and then was off!
My time was ok, for not having run in many months, but it was still fun!

With my finisher beer and medal! 

Then I drove to downtown San Antonio to see the sights and get some lunch. I parked at La Villita, which is a small artist's village with boutique jewelry and clothing shops.
Market Street!
I saw this artwork on the columns and I just knew it would lead to something amazing. (You'll see in the next post)
I found the Alamo! Yes, it is a historically important landmark, but my first thought was, Miss Congeniality! They filmed some scenes right here on the plaza!
This tree has seen a lot...
Inside the Alamo courtyard:
There was an exhibit of objects and clothing from the Last Stand era, one of which being this millstone, used to grind wheat.
Here's a battle uniform on display:
One of the cannons:
At the back of the church was a demonstration and explanation of the events that occurred on that day, and these actors were shooting blanks.
Look who I spotted!
There is a koi pond at the Alamo, filled with about a dozen fish. They are so beautiful!
This bench caught my eye:
A few views of the church:
Since we are not allowed to take photos inside, you'll just have to go there and see it for yourself! It was a solemn atmosphere, since so many people died defending this stronghold, and their names are etched in a plaque at the back of the church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Natural Spirals

Paris: The Jewish Quarter, Louvre Courtyard and A Phallic Eiffel Tower

Paris: An Arch, A Tower, and A River